Q) What is the best cleaner for glass and mirrors?
A) We recommend our private label glass cleaner that is manufactured by Sprayway™. We sell it by the can or by the case. For Plexiglas™, we sell a plastic cleaner.
Q) What is the difference between tempered glass and safety glass?
A) Tempered glass is safety glass. There are also different types of safety glass including laminated, wire glass, Plexiglas, and Lexan.
Q) Why do thermal glass units fog?
A) Insulated units will fog due to a bad seal.
Q) Are your installers certified?
Glass Care Guidelines
Duncan Glass & Mirror offers guidelines in caring for your glass at home or at the office. Here are some of the Dos and Don'ts we recommend:
- Clean glass when dirt and residue appear.
- Avoid cleaning tinted and coated glass surfaces in direct sunlight.
- Soak the glass surface with a clean water and soap solution to loosen dirt and debris.
- Use a mild, non-abrasive commercial window cleaning solution.
- Use a squeegee to remove all of the cleaning solution.
- Dry all cleaning solution from window gaskets, sealants and frames.
- Be aware of and follow the glass supplier's specific cleaning recommendations.
- Use scrapers of any size or type for cleaning glass.
- Allow dirt and residue to remain on glass for an extended period of time.
- Begin cleaning glass without knowing if a coated surface is exposed.
- Clean tinted or coated glass in direct sunlight.
- Allow water or cleaning residue to remain on the glass or adjacent materials.
- Begin cleaning without rinsing excessive dirt and debris.
- Use abrasive cleaning solutions or materials.
- Allow metal parts of cleaning equipment to contact the glass.
- Trap abrasive particles between the cleaning materials and the glass surface.
- Allow splashed materials to dry on the glass surface.